CITY OF WILSON
at Wilson City Hall
June 17, 2019 7:00 p.m.
MAYOR: LARRY PTACEK
COUNCIL PERSONS present:
Others present for the meeting were: Mike Peschka Wilson Economic Development Corporation President; Joe Curtiss Simple Haven Bed & Breakfast; Carol and Marlin Petz residents; Alan Rusch Ellsworth County Independent/Reporter; Lexi Rusch guest; Theresa Staudinger City Attorney; Ted Soukup City Superintendent; and Susan Kriley City Clerk.
CALL TO ORDER-
Mayor Larry Ptacek called the Regular Meeting of the Wilson City Council to order on Monday, June 17, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
Chuck Crawford made a motion to approve the June 17, 2019 agenda. Cindy Heinze seconded the motion and it carried.
Chuck Crawford made a motion to approve the June 3, 2019, 2019 Regular Meeting minutes. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
BILLS and PAYROLL
Cindy Heinze made a motion to approve the June 17, 2019 bills for $20,315.38 and June 17, 2019 Payroll $12,067.10. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
7:02 p.m. Theresa Staudinger joined the meeting.
WILSON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION UPDATE-
Mike Peschka, Wilson Economic Development Corporation President, reported that the city wide Clean Up week went well and good cooperation. Tires will be removed within in the next few days and the appliance trailer will be moved by the end of June. Mayor Larry Ptacek thanked Wilson Economic Development Corporation for the coordination.
REMOVAL OF TREES ON CITY RIGHT OF WAY-
Property owners, Carol & Marlin Petz, spoke to the Council regarding the clean up and /or removal of trees on their property along 31st between Ave D and Ave E. Ted Soukup reported that they have done some clean up with pictures given to the Council to review and Carol indicated that they plan to have more done. The City Council consensus was to allow the City crew to help with trimming on the higher branches, give the property owners more time, and re-evaluate at a later date.
Cindy Heinze made a motion to allow fireworks to be discharged in the city limits of Wilson on Thurs July 4th from 6 am to midnight. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
CITY SUPERINTENDENT UPDATE WITH TED SOUKUP-
· Dons Rewind installed the sensory approved at a previous Council meeting.
· Ordered new gasket for the diesel generator at the sewer lift station.
· Rolling Hills Electric assisted with the replacement of the ballfield lights that were burned out.
· Rolling Hills Electric will complete the Cemetery gazebo wiring at the end of June
· Cindy Heinze made a motion to approve the purchase of 12 cases of chlorine; 12 cases of muriatic acid; and a pallet of mulch for the Splash Pad and Spray Park for approximately $775.00. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion.
· Will spray mosquitos Thursday and Friday.
CITY CLERK UPDATE WITH SUSAN KRILEY-
· Completed the annual work compensation audit.
· Reported receiving many good comments about Wilson and the hosting of Biking Across Kansas (Melinda Merrill and AnnaMarie Henderson co chairs).
Cindy Heinze thanked the Ted Soukup and the city crew for the field preparation for the city baseball games.
TRANSIENT GUEST TAX ORDINANCE NO 849- DRAFT-
Joe Curtiss, owner of Simple Haven Bed & Breakfast, asked about the thoughts of the financial set up and spending of the Transient Guest Tax. The Council reported that it will be decided at the July 1, 2019 Council meeting.
NEXT MEETING -
Next Council meeting- Monday, July 1, 2019 7:00 pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:37 p.m.