CITY OF WILSON
at Wilson City Hall
March 19, 2018 7:00 p.m.
MAYOR: LARRY PTACEK
COUNCIL PERSONS present:
Others present for the meeting were: Susan Orender Gudenkauf & Malone, Inc.; Linda Denning Ellsworth County Independent/Reporter; Theresa Staudinger City Attorney; Bob Doepp Wilson Police Chief; Ted Soukup City Superintendent; and Susan Kriley City Clerk.
CALL TO ORDER-
Mayor Larry Ptacek called the Regular Meeting of the Wilson City Council to order on Monday, March 19, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
Gary Everett made a motion to approve the March 19, 2018 agenda. Steve Claussen seconded the motion and it carried.
Cindy Heinze made a motion to approve the March 5, 2018 regular meeting minutes. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
BILLS AND PAYROLL-
Gary Everett made a motion to approve the March 19, 2018 bills in the amount of $6,604.22 and March 16, 2018 payroll in the amount of $9,524.21. Cindy Heinze seconded the motion and it carried.
2017 AUDIT REPORT presentation by Susan Orender, Gudenkauf & Malone, Inc.-
Susan Orender, Gudenkauf & Malone, Inc., was present to answer any questions from the Mayor or Council regarding the FY 2017 Audit. She commended the Mayor and Council for their involvement and Gudenkauf & Malone, Inc. issued a clean opinion with no budget or cash violations. Gary Everett made a motion to approve the FY 2017 Audit. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
7:06 p.m. Susan Orender left the meeting.
CITY SUPERINTENDENT WITH TED SOUKUP-
BOARD OF HEALTH- 2504 AVE E PICTURE ROCKS LLC / DANIEL ERDMAN-
Rolling Hills Electric assisted Ted Soukup with securing the tin on the peak and the broken window.
- Read water meters
- Repaired one leak
- One grave interment
- Lorie Taylor made a motion to advertise for part time summer laborer positions. Darcy Hubka-Vopat seconded the motion and it carried.
7:11 p.m. John Kasper, Lynn Kasper, and Anna Hand joined the meeting.
CITY CLERK WITH SUSAN KRILEY-
- Wilson Communications presented the Mayor and Council with a proposal for firewall for the City Hall and Police Department. Eric Heath, Wilson Communications, will attend the April 2,2018 Council meeting to answer questions and provide more information.
- The City received the FY 2019 KDOT Public Transportation Operating Expense Grant for the same amounts as FY 2018.
- Submitted a Smoky Hill Charitable Foundation Grant for $28,311 for a permanent generator at the water wells if received, $8,311 will be Citys responsibility.
- Received the Smoky Hill Charitable Foundation Grant for clean up - $5,600 in partnership with the Wilson Economic Development Corporation.
- 2019 Budget Workshop will be held on May 17, 2018 in Hays.
- Ellco Insurance submitted the April 2018 March 2019 Insurance renewal. The Mayor and/or Council can contact Vicki Kaiser with questions or concerns. The policy will need to be approved at the April 2, 2018 Council meeting.
POLICE CHIEF WITH BOB DOEPP-
- Dealing with a juvenile issue
TRAVEL & TOURISM GROUP-
John Kasper, Lynn Kasper, and Anna Hand presented an update from the Wilson Czech Tourism Hub (other members consist of Melinda Merrill, Gary Everett, Larry Ptacek, Fred Abercrombie, and Eric Heath). They are currently working on a sister city in the Czech Republic, website, and have taken over Czech Out Wilson- facebook page.
7:24 p.m. John Kasper, Lynn Kasper, and Anna Hand left the meeting.
Cindy Heinze made a motion to approve Resolution 3-2018 and Ordinance No. 841 regarding the USDA $200,000 loan to complete the payment to APAC. Gary Everett seconded the motion and it carried.
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT POSITION-
A hire recommendation has been tabled until the April 2, 2018 Council meeting.
NEXT MEETING -
Next Council meeting- Monday, April 2, 2018 7:00 pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:28 p.m.