CITY OF WILSON
at Wilson City Hall
March 4, 2019 7:00 p.m.
MAYOR: LARRY PTACEK
COUNCIL PERSONS present:
Others present for the meeting were: Alan Rusch – Ellsworth County Independent/Reporter; Theresa Staudinger – City Attorney; Ted Soukup – City Superintendent; Jonathan Lawrence – Police officer; and Susan Kriley – City Clerk.
CALL TO ORDER-
Mayor Larry Ptacek called the Regular Meeting of the Wilson City Council to order on Monday, March 4, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
Darcy Hubka-Vopat made a motion to approve the March 4, 2019 agenda. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
Gary Everett made a motion to approve the February 20, 2019 Regular Meeting minutes. Chuck Crawford seconded the motion and it carried.
BILLS AND PAYROLL –
Gary Everett made a motion to approve the March 4, 2019 bills $34,247.56 (plus $61.15 deposit slips) and March 1, 2019 payroll $15,521.93. Darcy Hubka-Vopat seconded the motion and it carried.
INCOME RECEIVED REPORT –
The February 2019 Income Received Report was presented.
CITY SUPERINTENDENT UPDATE WITH TED SOUKUP-
· Circle C bid to chip and seal the Cul De Sac at Hunter Estates is $1,349.04. Chuck Crawford made a motion to accept the bid. Gary Everett seconded the motion and it carried.
· Snow removal
· On Feb 19, 2019, the city sewer backed up in a city residence. It was turned into the city insurance to cover the expense bills.
CITY CLERK UPDATE WITH SUSAN KRILEY-
· Insurance renewal (April 1- March 31) with Ellco Insurance will be presented at the March 18, 2019 Council meeting.
· Working with Mayor and City Attorney on new Enhanced Cereal Malt Beverage ordinance to cover state regulated changes effective April 1, 2019. New ordinance will be presented at the March 18, 2019 Council meeting for approval.
POLICE DEPT UPDATE WITH JONATHAN LAWRENCE-
· Auto accident worked on February 24, 2019
· Patrol explorer has been getting stuck in the snow- he will research equipment to get to help elevate that problem.
Chuck Crawford reported that he attended the February 27, 2019 Smoky Hill Development Corporation meeting. Items discussed: assisting Eschbaugh Advertising with closing procedures and employee job relocation, Wilson Foods suggested as the “Change Maker”, and the application was submitted for the multi-housing county wide project (as discussed earlier).
Chuck Crawford reported that he received a bid from Kenny’s Construction to “crown” 31st street between Ave D and Ave E.
POLICE CHIEF POSITION-
The deadline for Police Chief applications was extended from February 28, 2019 to March 28, 2019.
EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK SUGGESTED CHANGES-
The Employee Handbook committee (Chuck Crawford, Darcy Hubka-Vopat, and Gary Everett) are working on suggested changes to present to the Mayor and Council.
2504 AVE E- OWNER PICTURE ROCK LLC- DANIEL ERDMAN-
No new information.
WATER ABSORPTION POLICY-
Darcy Hubka-Vopat and Larry Ptacek are working on a suggested water absorption policy to adopt by the City Council.
NEXT MEETING -
Next Council meeting- Monday, March 18, 2019 7:00 pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:15 p.m.