CITY OF WILSON
at Wilson City Hall
November 5, 2018 7:00 p.m.
MAYOR: LARRY PTACEK
COUNCIL PERSONS present:
Others present for the meeting were: Mike Peschka – Wilson Economic Development Corporation; Chuck Crawford – resident; Alan Rusch– Ellsworth County Independent/Reporter; Theresa Staudinger – City Attorney; Bob Doepp – Police Chief; Ted Soukup – City Superintendent; and Susan Kriley – City Clerk.
CALL TO ORDER-
Mayor Larry Ptacek called the Regular Meeting of the Wilson City Council to order on Monday, November 5, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
Steve Claussen made a motion to approve the November 5, 2018 agenda. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
Gary Everett made a motion to approve the October 15, 2018 Regular Meeting. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
BILLS AND PAYROLL –
Gary Everett made a motion to approve the November 5, 2018 bills $18,097.40; October 16, 2018 payroll $8,333.70; and November 1, 2018 payroll $10,522.98. Cindy Heinze seconded the motion and it carried.
REQUEST ASSIST WITH WELCOME SIGN-
Wilson Economic Development Corporation Treasurer, requested assistance from the
city crew with help in moving a Welcome to Wilson sign
(owned by the Wilson Economic Development Corporation) to the north side of
town. Gary Everett made a motion to allow the assistance of the city crew and
equipment. Cindy Heinze seconded the motion and it carried.
7:07 p.m. Mike Peschka left the meeting.
Gary Everett made a motion to enter executive session for 10 minutes at 7:07 p.m. for attorney client privilege to include City Attorney Theresa Staudinger and City Clerk Susan Kriley. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
Cindy Heinze made a motion to return to open session at 7:17 p.m. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
No action was taken.
CITY SUPERINTENDENT UPDATE WITH TED SOUKUP-
· Replaced five older meter pits
· Working on fixing alleys
· Winterized Lions Club Park restrooms
· Steve Claussen made a motion to approve selling the Salt Truck on Purple Wave as is and list attachments separate. Gary Everett seconded the motion and it carried. Steve Claussen made a motion to approve the purchase of a Salt Dogg TG306 Salt Spreader for $1,376.30 and on the city credit card. Cindy Heinze seconded the motion and it carried.
CITY CLERK UPDATE WITH SUSAN KRILEY-
· Probation period to end for Martin Prester and Cathy Smith – future Council meeting agenda
· Kansas Unemployment rate for 2019 will be 0% - 2018 was $.2% for first $14,000 of wages per employee
POLICE CHIEF UPDATE WITH BOB DOEPP-
· Presented the Oct 2018 activity list
· Inoperable vehicles—Letter have started to go out to property owners. Property owners that live out of town will be sent letters via certified mail. Wilson property owners will have letters delivered by the police department. Bob reported that property owners have been notified for 20 vehicles so far and some have been moved.
Cindy Heinze will contact Mr. Major regarding his Project Construction Class putting up the Cemetery fence.
Steve Claussen discussed material options to fill in on the sand road (31st between Ave D and Ave D) but due to heavy traffic, no other options will work besides the sand that is already there.
Darcy Hubka-Vopat reported that the circuit board on Lang Memorial Library furnace was shorted out and had to be replaced immediately for $591.13.
Gary Everett made a motion to approve Tyler Denham as successfully completing his probation period. Lorie Taylor second the motion and it carried. Gary Everett made a motion to appoint Jake Koch as Reports Officer. Cindy Heinze seconded the motion and it carried. Gary Everett made a motion to destroy the old Fire Dept laptop (they received the new one). Steve Claussen seconded the motion and it carried. Gary Everett made a motion to approve the purchase of new wiper kits for the tankers for approximately $520 (immediate need). Cindy Heinze seconded the motion and it carried.
2504 AVE E- OWNER PICTURE ROCK LLC- DANIEL ERDMAN-
No new information
BURN PILE LOCK-
Steve Claussen found burn pile locks (Tapplock) that can be coded somehow for limited hours / days of access.
FY 2020 KDOT OPERATING EXPENSE GRANT-
Gary Everett made a motion to approve the FY 2020 KDOT Operating Expense Grant application. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
NEXT MEETING -
Next Council meeting- Monday, November 19, 2018 7:00 pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:35 p.m.