CITY OF WILSON
at Wilson City Hall
October 1, 2018 7:00 p.m.
MAYOR: LARRY PTACEK
COUNCIL PERSONS present:
Others present for the meeting were: Chuck Crawford – Lang Memorial Library Treasurer; Alan Rusch– Ellsworth County Independent/Reporter; Bob Doepp – Police Chief; Theresa Staudinger – City Attorney; and Susan Kriley – City Clerk.
CALL TO ORDER-
Mayor Larry Ptacek called the Regular Meeting of the Wilson City Council to order on Monday, October 1, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
Steve Claussen made a motion to approve the October 1, 2018 agenda. Gary Everett seconded the motion and it carried.
7:01 p.m. Bob Doepp joined the meeting.
Darcy Hubka-Vopat made a motion to approve the September 17, 2018 Regular Meeting amended. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
BILLS AND PAYROLL –
Gary Everett made a motion to approve the October 1, 2018 bills in the amount of $15,388.33 and the October 1, 2018 payroll in the amount of $10,837.48. Steve Claussen seconded the motion and it carried.
CITY SUPERINTENDENT UPDATE WITH TED SOUKUP VIA MAYOR LARRY PTACEK-
· Spraying for mosquitoes
CITY CLERK UPDATE WITH SUSAN KRILEY-
· Presented the 2018 Czech Festival financial report
· Cindy Heinze made a motion to approve Susan to attend the November 2018 City Clerks’ Academy and use the credit card for lodging. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
· KDOT FY2020 (July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020) Operating Expense Grant is due November 9, 2018. Required notices will be placed in the Ellsworth County Independent/Report. The grant will need to be approved at a future Council meeting.
POLICE CHIEF UPDATE WITH BOB DOEPP-
· Presented Sept 2018 activity list
· FYI- Office computer runs Windows 7 which is not compatible with a lot of the state programs. There is a possibility of a Windows 10 update if it will work with state programs.
Darcy Hubka-Vopat made a motion to appoint Terina Templeton to replace Cathy Reeder on the Lang Memorial Library Board. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
Gary Everett made a motion to approve Jake Stoppel as a volunteer firefighter for the Wilson Fire Department subject to the 90 day probation period. Cindy Heinze seconded the motion and it carried.
2504 AVE E- OWNER PICTURE ROCK LLC- DANIEL ERDMAN-
Mayor Larry Ptacek is communicating with Roger Swart for information regarding Daniel Erdman.
Bob Doepp is working on the inoperable vehicle list. The letter to be sent to the violators will be finalized at the City Attorney meeting.
First Impressions results were discussed.
LANG MEMORIAL LIBRARY-
Chuck Crawford, Lang Memorial Library Treasurer, inquired about ceiling repairs to the Library. Due to the major leak in the past, the City would like to wait until after winter to confirm that the sealant applied to the roof has fixed the leak. Once confirmed, a plan of action for ceiling repairs can be discussed.
BURN PILE KEY RENTAL TO CONTRACTORS-
No new information.
CENTRAL BROCHURE DISTRIBUTION CONTRACT RENEWAL-
Cindy Heinze made a motion to renew the Central Brochure Distribution contract (Nov 1, 2018- Oct 31, 2019 ) for $500. Gary Everett seconded the motion and it carried.
NEXT MEETING -
Next Council meeting- Monday, October 15, 2018 7:00 pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.