CITY OF WILSON
at Wilson City Hall
October 15, 2018 7:00 p.m.
MAYOR: LARRY PTACEK
COUNCIL PERSONS present:
Others present for the meeting were: Chuck Crawford – resident; Alan Rusch– Ellsworth County Independent/Reporter; Theresa Staudinger – City Attorney; Bob Doepp – Police Chief; Ted Soukup – City Superintendent; and Susan Kriley – City Clerk.
CALL TO ORDER-
Mayor Larry Ptacek called the Regular Meeting of the Wilson City Council to order on Monday, October 15, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
Lorie Taylor made a motion to approve the October 15, 2018 agenda. Darcy Hubka-Vopat seconded the motion and it carried.
7:01 p.m. Ted Soukup joined the meeting.
Gary Everett made a motion to approve the October 1, 2018 Regular Meeting amended. Steve Claussen seconded the motion and it carried.
BILLS AND TRANSFERS –
Gary Everett made a motion to approve the October 15, 2018 bills in the amount of $12,293.61; 2nd Quarter 2018 from Water to Water Repair $7,675.41; from Water to Capital Improvement $5,116.94; Sewer to Capital Improvement $3,754.16; from Sewer to Sewer Reserve $7,716.88; from Water to General $3,843.00; and 3rd Quarter 2018 from Water to Water Repair $10,211.31; from Water to Capital Improvement $6,807.54; Sewer to Capital Improvement $3,959.82; from Sewer to Sewer Reserve $8,139.63; from Water to General $3,843.00. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
CITY SUPERINTENDENT UPDATE WITH TED SOUKUP-
· Replaced two hydrants at the cemetery
· Winterized restrooms at parks (except Lions Club Park)
· Replaced low sensor cooler on the sewer lift station generator
· Recommended selling the Salt Truck since it has never worked correctly since it was acquired. In addition, there is an approximate 80% truck full wasted at the end of each season. Recommended to replace it with a pickup mounted salt spreader (approx. $1,400 plus shipping) that uses bagged salt that can be stored to the next year if not used. Council instructed Ted to get bids for a couple of pickup mounted salt spreaders and they will review it at the November 5, 2018 Council meeting.
CITY CLERK UPDATE WITH SUSAN KRILEY-
· Wed Oct 17th will be the last Wednesday of the season that the burn pile will be open
· KDOT FY2020 (July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020) Operating Expense Grant is due November 9, 2018. Required notices will be in the October 11, 2018 Ellsworth County Independent/Report. The grant will available for review within the next few weeks for approval at the November 5, 2018 Council meeting.
POLICE CHIEF UPDATE WITH BOB DOEPP-
· Will present office computer quotes at a future meeting.
· Inoperable vehicles—Letter have started to go out to property owners. Property owners that live out of town will be sent letters via certified mail. Wilson property owners will have letters delivered by the police department.
2504 AVE E- OWNER PICTURE ROCK LLC- DANIEL ERDMAN-
No new information
BURN PILE LOCK-
Steve Claussen will research burn pile locks that can be coded somehow for limited hours / days of access.
NEXT MEETING -
Next Council meeting- Monday, November 5, 2018 7:00 pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:13 p.m.