CITY OF WILSON
at Wilson City Hall
September 5, 2017 7:00 p.m.
MAYOR: LARRY PTACEK
COUNCIL PERSONS present:
Others present for the meeting were: Alan Rusch Ellsworth County Independent/Reporter; Theresa Staudinger City Attorney; Ted Soukup City Superintendent; Bob Doepp Wilson Police Chief; and Susan Kriley City Clerk.
CALL TO ORDER-
Mayor Larry Ptacek called the Regular Meeting of the Wilson City Council to order on Monday, September 5, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
Lorie Taylor made a motion to approve the September 5, 2017 agenda. Steve Claussen seconded the motion and it carried.
Lorie Taylor made a motion to approve the August 21, 2017 regular meeting. Gary Everett seconded the motion and it carried.
BILLS AND PAYROLL-
Gary Everett made a motion to approve the September 5, 2017 bills in the amount of $12,541.44 and September 1, 2017 payroll in the amount of $10,082.85. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
FINANCIAL REPORT- FOR AUGUST 2017; BUDGET REPORT AS OF AUGUST 31, 2017; INCOME RECEIVED REPORT FOR AUGUST 2017-
Presented for information.
CITY SUPERINTENDENT WITH TED SOUKUP-
- Replaced shingles on the cemetery shed
- One interment
- Donation box installed at Spray Park Splash Pad
- Rolling Hills Electric assisted the City crew on removing a tree from the Burn Pile area
- Backhoe needs new tires (current tires are seven years old and were on the backhoe when purchased). Ted received two bids on tires Becker (Great Bend) Harvest King brand $1,140.00 and Agco, Inc. (Dorrance & Russell) Hercules brand $1,300.50. Ted recommends buying them from Agco since offer service on site and they are a local area business. Steve Claussen made a motion to accept the bid from Agco for $1,300.50 Hercules brand under Teds recommendation. Lorie Taylor seconded the motion and it carried.
CITY CLERK WITH SUSAN KRILEY-
- Lorie Taylor made a motion to allow Susan to attend the City Clerks Academy on November 16 and 17, 2017 in Wichita. Gary Everett seconded the motion and it carried.
POLICE CHIEF WITH BOB DOEPP-
- Presented the August activities
Darcy Hubka-Vopat reported that she is working on a sidewalk replacement grant which would be a 50-50 share with the property owner paying the 50%.
HUNTER ESTATES DEVELOPMENT-
Hunter Estates development (infrastructure) Phase I Ted Soukup reported that APAC has not been on site for a few week due to completion of other project they were working on. They are 2/3 of the way done with the sewer portion.
Reliant Roofing will perform a water test on Tuesday September 12, 2017 to determine where the water is leaking in to be able to prepare for a necessary fix.
SMOKY HILL CHARITABLE FOUNDATION GRANT-
Smoky Hill Charitable Foundation grant period deadline is September 15, 2017.
NEXT MEETING -
Next Council meeting- Monday, September 18, 2017 7:00 pm
Meeting adjourned at 7:13 p.m.